Canine Oral Melanoma
Oral Melanoma Study in Dogs
Primary Eligibility Criteria:
- Weighs at least 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Diagnosis of Stage III oral melanoma (not confined to lip)
- At least one measurable lesion with a longest diameter of ≥ 10 mm (≥ 15 mm short axis for lymph node lesions)
- Prior surgery acceptable (if performed at least 14 days prior to enrollment) if measurable disease remains which meets above criteria
- No lung metastasis
- No prior Oncept® melanoma vaccine
- Other study inclusion and exclusion criteria apply. The veterinary Investigator will decide if the dog is a good candidate for this study after examination.
- Qualified dogs and their owners should expect to stay in the study for approximately 6 months and have 15 scheduled visits at Colorado State University. Owners will also be required to document study associated observations as appropriate.
Fully Funded Study Benefits:
- Novel investigational product or placebo
- Study-related examinations and diagnostics
- Consultation and rechecks
- Owners will receive a $100 e-gift card if their dog enrolls in the study
- Referring veterinarians will receive a $100 e-gift card if they refer a dog that enrolls in the study
If you have further questions about any of our clinical trials, please submit an online consult form. Your consult will then be directed to our trials team. Requests are typically returned within 5 business days.