Under the guidance of Dr. Susan Lana, the Flint Animal Cancer Center Biorepository is a dedicated facility for accumulating, curating and storing samples from patients with cancer evaluated at the Lucy Oncology Clinic. Approximately 25,000 samples for tumor/normal tissue and associated fluids in a variety of formats (frozen, FFPE, RNA later) are available. Annotated electronic medical records are available for sample sets.
- >25,000 archived canine and feline patient samples
- Whole Blood
- Tumor tissue – frozen & histoblock
- Normal tissue – frozen & histoblock
- Archived & Searchable Sample Data
- Patient Characteristics
- Linkage to Treatment Outcomes
- Exceptional Resource for Biomarker and Target Discovery
About Dr. Lana
Dr. Susan Lana received her D.V.M. from Colorado State University in 1993, and has been on faculty at CSU since 1999. She is currently the Clinical Oncology Section Head of the Flint Animal Cancer Center. In 2003, Dr. Lana implemented the Biorepository, a program she continues to lead today. She is an institutional principle investigator in the Comparative Oncology Trials Consortia, which is part of the Comparative Oncology Program at the National Cancer Institute.